Everest High Passes Trek / Three Pass Trek.
Price from, INR. 55, 000*
Three Pass Trek – Everest High Passes Trek 18 Days
Region: Himalayan ranges in Nepal.
Trek type: Group adventure.
Group size: 1 to 16 people per group.
When is the best time to trek: March to May, and Sep to mid-December.
Not a good time to trek: mid-December to the beginning of March.
Trek begins and ends at: Kathmandu.
Trekking duration: 17 nights / 18 days.
The difficulty level of the trek: Challenging.
Maximum altitude gain: 5, 645 meters.
Daily altitude gain: 200 to 400 meters.
Type of accommodation: Hotel / Mountain Lodge / Tea houses on a twin sharing basis.
The glorious Three Passes Trek or Everest High Passes Trek is a must-do trek in every trekking enthusiast’s mind. World over, trekkers aspire to be part of this spectacular and challenging trekking expedition. The passes are challenging hike and it instantly rewards you with the views that are literally from the top of the world. In this trek we can see 4 biggest mountains of our planet, Mount Everest-No 1, Mount Lhotse-No 4, Mount Makalu-No 5, and Mount Cho Oyu-No 6.
The 3 passes that we will cross are Renjo La (5, 417 meters), Cho La (5, 420 meters), and Kongma La Pass (5, 535 meters). In addition to these passes, we will be hiking to Gokyo Ri (5, 357 meters), and Kala Patthar (5, 645 meters). This trek will also take you through the huge glaciers of Khumbu and Ngozumpa. We will see the famous and beautiful Gokyo Lakes that are part of the highest freshwater lake systems.
The Everest High Passes Trek challenging expedition starts from Lukla. The trail goes past many villages to a place called Thame. Once we cross Thame the landscapes change. The surroundings suddenly become treeless and appear to be a cold desert. The trail leading to Gokyo will cross Lumde village and the Renjo La pass. We will hike the Gokyo Ri, and hike to the 5th Gokyo lakes when we are at Gokyo. Before we reach Gorakshep, we will cross the Ngozumpa glacier and the Cho La Pass. On the day we reach Gorakshep, we will trek to Everest Base Camp and hike to the Kala Patthar mountain the next day. Thereafter, we will pass by the Khumbu glacier, Kongma La pass, and descend to Chukung village. We will return Lukla via Dingboche, Tengboche, and Namche Bazaar.
- Airport pick up and drop at the international terminal.
- Kathmandu domestic airport transfers for Lukla flights.
- Accommodation in a standard hotel at Kathmandu on a twin share basis (2 nights).
- Accommodation during the trekking period, in local mountain lodges, called Tea House on a twin share basis (15 nights).
- Domestic return flight tickets (Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, Khumbu Permit).
- Government Certified guide.
- Assistance guide (for 5 or more people).
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
- All government and local taxes.
- Trek Completion certificate from Sagarmatha National Park Authority (Nepal govt).
- Please Note: For a single trekker, we provide a porter cum guide.
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the inclusions section.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health, or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters,
- bottle, or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury, or any health problem.
- Nepal visa fee (if applicable).
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).